- The articles, which should be previously unpublished, should have a maximum length of 10,000 words.
- Each article should be preceded by up to five key words and an abstract, which should not exceed 200 words.
- The author/s should include a biography for the Contributors section of the Journal. The biography should not exceed 300 words and should include at least institutional affiliation, and an e-mail.
- The articles could be written in English or Spanish.
- In case of using third-party materials in the article, such as photographs, graphs or maps, authors should secure the required permission.
- Articles could include charts and graphs that support the main argument developed in the article.
- For headings and structure of the articles, authors should refer to the following template. In case it is not possible to download from the link, contact the Managing Editor.
- References should be included in the text by name and year in parentheses (in-text citations), for example (Werner, 2010). When more than three authors are cited use “et al.”: (Roura et al. 2012). The list of all references should appear at the end of the article under the title “References”. The list should be alphabetically sorted.
Citations should follow APA style: author or authors, year of publication of the article (in round brackets), article title, journal title, volume of journal, issue number of journal in round brackets, page range of article, DOI or URL.
- The Journal uses endnotes, not footnotes, to provide additional information. Endnotes should be kept to a minimum and numbered consecutively. All endnotes should appear at the end of the article under the heading “Endnotes”.
- All acknowledgments or declaration of interest statements should be included at the end, before the References.
- The original manuscripts should be submitted electronically in “Microsoft Word” or compatible. Images should be sent in jpg format and in high resolution (minimum 300dpi).
- The Journal reserves the right to edit and correct items, including certain portions separate and square up the particularly relevant or bold text, respecting the spirit of the original.
- The Editorial Board of the Journal of Antarctic Affairs will peer review all articles and select the ones for publication.
- The Journal does not charge for submission or publication.
Direct all inquiries to the Managing Editors at email@example.com